Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni usb 6009 data acquisition oscilloscope - timebase division example for 5second 10 second

Solved!
Go to solution

hey hi everyone 

I was looking for an example for virtual two channel oscilloscope using NI DAQ USB 6009 14-bit multifunction I/O . I tried for searching for example fro timebase division or sec/div for 1 second , 5 second , 10 second .  but  was shocked to find there is no reference for it. All the virtual oscilloscoper range from 

Minimum - 10 micro sec/ div  to maximum - 10milli second /div       but there is no example for 1 second/ div or 5 second/div. ...  If anyone can guide me . I am  new to labview environment . 

Following are the two sample oscilloscope got from google seach. are there any hardware limitations. ?

I am working on continous data acquisition for 4 channel data acquisition using niusb 6009 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,012 Views)
I can't look at your VI right now but I think you have some basic misunderstandings. The DAQ device is programmed with a sample rate (samples/sec) and number of samples. There is no setting for seconds/division unless you do the basic arithmetic yourself. For example, with a sample rate of 1kHz, you can specify the number of samples to be 1000 and if you set the min/max of the graph to be 1 sec with 10 divisions, it's .1 sec/division. Up the number of samples to 10000 and change the graph scale to 10 seconds, you've got the 1 second/division. So, work from the sample rate and specify the number of samples and change the graph appropriately.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,004 Views)

Dear sir thanks for guiding me. My daq is of 48000KSamples /sec . And i want to program for four channels .Is that sufficient for the 4 channel oscilloscope with the expected sec/div . 

I feel the number of samples are not sufficient by my calculations.  The attachement attached earlier both of them have the same problem . when i try to adjust the ratio of  sampling rate  to the number of samples   the graph is not stable .especially in student scope.rar  attached .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author panindia
The sample rate is sufficient for any sec/div you want. The sample rate works out to 12 ksamples per second per channel so if that satisfies the Nyquist criteria for the input signal, you can capture it. The number of samples has no affect on that except for how much of the signal you acquire. Your graph is not stable if you aren't triggering the acquisition. Same as a real scope actually, so your emulation sounds successful.
Message 4 of 8
(5,986 Views)
p.s. You should be leaving the sample rate alone and adjusting the number of samples.
Message 5 of 8
(5,983 Views)

sorry its 48000 Samples / sec and i wrote it wrong its not 48000 k samples/ sec..   does it still satisfies my need. I know its quite basic but i still need your help in this matter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,969 Views)

can you suggest me a link that works on  triggering waveform 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,967 Views)

For any who are searching this topic as we were, the Student Scope v2 is an excellent project that works with the NI USB-6009 and satisfies the requirements posted.

The package is available from here:
  https://cnx.org/contents/i5A3G_iv@3/Student-Scope-Using-NI-USB-Data-Acquisition

it was built on LabVIEW v8.0, but downloading the source and recompiling an exe from the main object results in an executable that runs on LabVIEW Community 2020. I get one warning error, which haven't debugged yet, but the Oscilloscope pops up and works well with a USB-6009 DAQ!

Kudos to the authors of this 2007 submission!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,134 Views)