Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msvcr80.dll was not found

I have an application using PCI-6111 and PCIe-1427 frame grabber made in vc++ 6.0. But I have an error saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I have a respose from microsoft as shown in the URL below. It seems that NICAIU.DLL and IMAQ.DLL are to be upgraded using vs 2005.

I have the most updated NI-Vision 8.5.1 and NIDAQmx 8.9 and MAX 4.5. 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/130212a1-2b70-4db1-8278-6396d03e9f9a/...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,185 Views)

Hello,

I would try shifting the DLL to another folder and then making sure that you are referring to this file path correctly within your VC++application.I would also try calling this DLL from within a newly created application. 

Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,161 Views)

Hello-

I am seeing this same error running on 64-bit windows 7. When I build the project on my xp system, everything is fine.

Any advice?

-Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,907 Views)

Hi there,

I encountered the same problem when using Windows 7. It seems that this has to do with the file system of windows 7 using winsxs. If you have deleted some files (files with very long names that are generated by Windows 7), this error would pop up. When I tried to copy the whole project to another harddrive and rebuild again, it works! You may want to try this, see if it works!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,895 Views)