Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mig software

Hello, 

I have the latest updates for LabView student edition and DAQmx for acquiring data from my USB 6008 and I also have an analog 3V input wired to the 6008. The USB 6008 appears to work because when I run a test panel in measurement and automation explorer, it displays the voltage input.  I’m trying a very basic vi in LabView to graph an analog voltage using the DAQ assistant but I get the following message when I hit run:

Untitled.jpg

Any ideas on what I can try next?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,653 Views)

Just to verify, you are using LabVIEW 2009 and DAQmx 8.9.5?  You can check this by looking under "Software" on the left-hand side of Measurement and Automation Explorer.

I'll look in to this error and get back to you.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,649 Views)

Hi Seth,

I have Vista and I'm using LabView 9.0.0 and NI-DAQmx 9.0.2f0. I've got the USB6008 wired in a simple loop back for testing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,630 Views)

Hey Brian,

What VI are you trying to run?  Do you get this same error with both the DAQ Assistant and with just a simple example?  Will you post a screen shot of your code?   What if you create a task in MAX instead of just the test panels?  Hope these ideas help.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,616 Views)

Hi Bryan,

This generally happens when the driver can't access certain services associated with NI software.  Do you know if anyone went through and manually stopped services?  Could you run msconfig from the "Search Programs and Files" in the Start Menu and post a screenshot of the NI services that are running?

Regards,

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,611 Views)

I'm including a screenshot of the block diagram, msconfig for the NI software and the DAQ assistant configuration.

Thanks---

block diagram.JPGDAQ assist. config.JPGsystem config.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,601 Views)

It looks like you are missing the NI Configuration Manager service.  Could you try repairing your DAQmx installation and seeing if that fixes the problem?

Regards,

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,599 Views)

Seth,

I don't think the NI config manager was showing in the area I had scrolled to. Here is the complete NI display. I'm also showing another error that pops up when I hit run.

Config manager showing.JPGOther error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(5,582 Views)

I just did an experiment and found out something interesting. I downloaded the same programs and connected the same USB 6008 to my desktop that is running Windows XP and everything works!

So, there is something about Vista that is causing the problem. Could it be related to Vista having two separate program files folders in my local disk (C:)? One is named "Program files" and the other is "Program files (x86)".

Thanks again,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,561 Views)

Has anyone else had issues with running the latest LabView and NIDAQmx on Vista?

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,524 Views)