From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal trigger with cDAQ-9184

Hello,

I have a cDAQ-9184.  In the cDAQ device I have NI 9401, 8 port digital IO card, and a NI 9269 analog output card.  In my application I want to set the 8 lines out of the 9401 (digital card) to high, and trigger an analog output operation on the 9269 on the digital lines.  

Per this application note it looks like I want to use one of the 8 PFI lines for my start trigger: Setting Up a Digital Trigger in a CompactDAQ Chassis - NI

My question is, do I need to do anything to connect the Digital output lines to a PFI line?  or will the internal PFI line reflect the state of the line?

Thanks, whitsy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(670 Views)

Each line form the 9401 can act as a PFI line, PFI0 is DIO0, PFI1 is DIO1 ... PFI8 is DIO8.
But if you are using all 8 lines from the 9401 as outputs, you don't have a free line to use as a PFI input.

Saludos.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(633 Views)

So I can use the lower nibble, DIO0-DIO3 as outputs and then loopback one of those to a line on the upper nibble to use as a trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(624 Views)

Yes, that can work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(610 Views)