Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

howto list AI input ranges by daqmx

I have PCI-6013, PCI-6281, USB-6009 and going to have other usb NI Daq wit various modules. I would like to get AI input ranges by daqmx procedure?. Is there any way to get AI input ranges as a list? I put them manually in my program. But would like to get all ai ranges for the installed DAQ automaticaly.

Using DAQmx 8.1.of1
C++ or VB

omer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,314 Views)
Omer,

Thanks for posting to the NI Forums.  NI-DAQmx 8.3 added the ability to programatically query device specifications including the device ranges.  This allows you to not only check for the available ranges, but also supported terminal configurations, maximum sampling rates, and so forth.  In DAQmx 8.3 or greater you can query the available ranges by calling:

int32 __CFUNC DAQmxGetDevAIVoltageRngs(const char device[], float64 *data, uInt32 arraySizeInSamples);

The data returned is a set of pairs consisting of a low value followed by a high value.

There are corrisponding calls to query other specification.  You can also obtain a list of available devices by calling:

int32 __CFUNC DAQmxGetSysDevNames(char *data, uInt32 bufferSize);

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  Also I provided the calls for the C API, if you are using .NET let me know and I can provide the corrisponding .NET calls.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,291 Views)

Thanks a lot Neil.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,279 Views)