From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to select data point to be logged

i am using a USB NI daq. in my block program i have a DAq assistant with 17 channels being used. i output the signals to a select signal block then to  a multi-signal chart. i branch off of that to a write measurement file block in a case structure loop that will be activated by a boolean to record the data. my question is, i want to select only certain data at random to record and not all of it. this function would be on the front panel represented by a boolean button to trigger that point of data to pass thru and be recorded. Did i mention that i am new to Labview. i also have a dynamic converter that breaks out the data to a specific real time meter for displaying.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(687 Views)

Hello,  chiefautomation!
If I got this question right, you should add a case structure and use a Boolean as your case selector, link it to your front panel button. If you want to distinguish your channels, you should use the "index array" function with a constant from 0 to 16 (depending on which channel you want to get).
Good luck in your project!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(631 Views)