From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication protocal for NI 9222

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I can not believe I need to ask this question, but after extensive search I figured I need to ask - sorry for such a simple question.

I just got my NI-9222 and NI-9263, they come with VGA port. So how should I connect them to my PC? It is hard to find VGA cable these days so I just tried whatever I have in hand - VGA/HDMI, VGA/D; MAX can not find the device after I plug in.

I checked the user manual and installation guide, and can not find any related information. There are VGA/USB, RS485/USB adapter out there , but I want to make sure which ones to use before I rush order something.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
(3,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yijing

Those are NOT VGA signals.  Yes, they do use a similar connector.  If you are trying to use DAQmx with these modules, then you need a cDAQ chassis.  They range from USB to Ethernet connections and single slot to 14 slot.  Based on your very simple description, I would probably go with a cDAQ-9174, which is a 4 slot USB chassis.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yijing

Hi Yijing,

I agree with everything Crossrulz said, you need a chassis to be able to use those modules. Additionally for future reference so you're not in a similar situation again, on our website whenever you go to purchase a module that is designed to be part of a larger system, the 'configure system' option at the bottom of the product page will help you figure out everything you need to get a full system working. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 3
(3,351 Views)