Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't read signals off cDAQ 9178 with executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I builded  a Vi to read Analog inputI with a NI 9201 module, and make an executable to run in on a differnent pc. on the build pc everything works fine.

on the other pc i installed the runtime engines.I can run the executable but I don't get the signals of the analog input. When I look in the MAX i can see the DAQ device and even use the test panels to measure those inputs.  with the executable I'm able to change the output signals of a 9265 module.

I'm using the latest labview software. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,241 Views)

Hello Jort,

In order to help you with your issue, can you give more information (with Measurement & Automation Explorer) of both systems by :
- generating a MAX report (File > Create Report... > Technical report)
- exporting your configuration data (File > Export... > Check all)

You can also give your VI if possible.

But just a simple check first: are your sure the name of the device is the same on both systems?

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jort

Thanx for your help!

I solved it by exporting the configuration files form the MAX to the secondary PC.

Best Regards,

Jort.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,214 Views)

Hi Jort,

I have the same exact problem, but not sure how to follow your solution, can you please give me more directions. I use cDAQ9171 analog input for theromocouples.

Best

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,060 Views)

Hi,

On the pc where you developed the program you have your MAX which stores the settings. when you open the MAX you go to:

(File > Export... > Check all)

you will get a .nce file. now move this file to the pc which has the executable and go to the MAX and go to (File>Import....)

this should do the trick.

more detailed information:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0E0D3D7C4AA8903886256B29000C9D5A  

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,051 Views)
This process is an option when you create an installer.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,046 Views)

Thanks Jort.

I have exported the .nce at the host computer (Desktop) and imported the same file on the portable (laptop), but Still the software runes but no reading of the signals from te cDAQ. I also tried during building the installer and selected to configure hardware with **.nce file, but no success.

Any other ideas..?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,027 Views)
The original poster was able to use the test panels in MAX. Can you?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,022 Views)