cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring of NI 9472 using Cdaq Ni 9185

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using NI 9472 ( mounted on the NI 9185 chasis) to supply 15V to a SSR. I have connected the positive terminal of SSR to DO and negative terminal to COM. But, In the wiring diagram, wiring to Vsup from external source is mentioned. Since I am using chasis to power the modeule, Do I need to coonect Vsup? and if yes then where? Based on my wiring, mentioned above, I tried to measure the voltage across DO and COM, but it is showing very low value. What should I do?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(934 Views)

There are no C-series power supply modules, which means, none of the modules can power external sensors (there are few exceptions, but general thumb rule, none).

This is evident from the simplified block diagram on NI 9472 too where it shows the requirement of external power supply.

santo_13_0-1656019813680.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(918 Views)

External power supply will be given if I am not installing it on chassis. I have installed it on NI9185 chassis. Based on the manual, device that you want to power can be connected across DO and COM see in the attached figure. Sorry sir, if I am wrong. I am very poor in electrical stuffs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(902 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABDULLAH_KGPIAN

I have figured out the problem. We have to supply the module externally to get the voltage across the DO and COM. It is still mounted on the NI 9185 Chassis. +ve and -ve of the device is connected to DO and  COM respectively.  A 24V DC supply is connected to Vsup and COM (+ve to Vsup and -ve to COM). Now it is working.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(885 Views)