Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does daqmxbase RE-save all files before compiling

I am compiling LabView .vi's to run on ARM Touch Panel. Even if I save the files before hand every time I go to compile/deploy the code, it has to save some 300 sub vi's for DAQmxBase before it even begins to build the executable. It saves quite slowly too(3 minutes). When I save all right before I build, it saves them all within seconds, and therefore there shouldn't be any reason to re-save them.

Why is this redundant save step done, and why is it 1000x slower, and can I advoid it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,597 Views)

Hi Laptopolus,

This is part of the build process. When you 'Save All' from the LabVIEW project, you're saving all of your project's VI hierarchy for a specific platform: LabVIEW hosted on an x86 desktop computer. When you start a build for the ARM touchpanel, LabVIEW then re-saves/re-compiles the project's VI hierarchy for the new platform: LabVIEW hosted on ARM embedded computer. This step is slow, as you've noticed, and also necessary for the build to complete.

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,549 Views)