From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can not get the PCI 6040E under the Devices and Interfaces

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I am intending to use a PCI 6040 E connected to a BNC 2010 to measure 3 different voltages as a input. I have installed the NI-DAQ mx 9.7.5 on windoes 7 (64 bit). My question is why I can not see my devices under the "Devices and Interfaces"? even by Labview, DAQ assistant, Aquire signal, anaolge input ... I can not configure the devices by this error : No supported devices found.

Any idea? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,066 Views)

Hi again,

I have just imroved the NI max by 9.9, But still  I can not see my hardware in "devices and interfeces".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,059 Views)

I'v just found that the PCI card has not been installed correctly!!  Now I can see the PCI's name (PCI-MIO-16E-4 ) in NI max, under the "devices and interfaces". But no information by right click, and in Labview I can not configure it again 😞

Do you think I need to install the software again?

Fa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fahac

You are going the wrong way.  The last version of DAQmx that supports the PCI-6040 is 9.5.1.  See this paper for more info: NI-DAQmx and NI-DAQ Driver Support: PCI/PXI Devices.  And LabVIEW 2011 is the last version of LabVIEW that supports DAQmx 9.5.1.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(4,050 Views)

Hi!

Thank you, It is working now..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,024 Views)