Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the help?

I have installed NI-DAQmx and do develop with Visual Studio 2012. Where can I find an API documentation for NI-DAQmx? The NI website tells me to look at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»Measurement Studio 2010 for Visual Studio 2010»Measurement Studio Documentation. but there is no such folder in my start menu!. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,700 Views)

I think you may want the NI-DAQmx documentation (not Measurement Studio).

It can be found at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQmx»Text-Based Code Support.

This includes links for .NET and ANSI C Help Files and Examples.

- FCTesting
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,696 Views)

Yes, you are right. I want the Ni-DAQmx documentation. But I do not even find the folder Start»All Programs»National Instruments on my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,667 Views)

The default location is C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ for installing the example files. If this does not show up you most likely need to reinstall NI-DAQmx with default options.

- FCTesting
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,655 Views)

Re-installing NiDAQmx did the trick! Everything fine now. Thank you very much for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,635 Views)

Have to come back to this one: After reinstalling I now have a "Start --> All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-DAQ" folder but still I can not find a description of the API. Exmaple: I would like to get a documenation of the class "DaqSystem" where all members of that class are described.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,631 Views)

Hey,

what about Start --> All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-DAQ --> Text based Code Support --> NI DAQmx C Reference Help?

Do you want to write .NET or C code? 

Rome

NI AE

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,627 Views)