From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is liblvrtdark.so?

Hi Everybody,

I am rather new in working with NI hardware/software under linux. My project consists of using a NI USB-6008 to do some basic ADC read with a C/C++ I have to write.

I am forced to work on the latest stable debian, but my problem seems to be not related to this particular platform.

My problem is the following:
- I downloaded and installed the content of the ndaqmx-base 2.0 distribution.
- I managed to have everything installed on my machine (at least is seems)
- Now I would like to run the "lsdaq" utility as it is said on the readme. This script run daqmxbase-listdevices, but the latter cannot find the lib liblvrtdark.so.8 (this is confirmed by a ldd). I searched again and again but this lib is nowhere: it seems that it is not shipped with the daqmxbase 2.0.

Could someone explain me what is happening? Do I have to use the non "base" distribution?

Thank you very much in advance for any hint.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,361 Views)
Mandawah,

sadly, Debian is no supported distribution for NI software. therefore things can work, but we cannot guarantee that.
but on the other hand, there was once a similar request in the past (with SuSE 9.1, though a supported distribution) where a complete reinstall of the DAQmx Base did the trick. so please check on that.

Norbert B.
NI Germany
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,348 Views)
Hi Norbert,

thank you very much for you reply. In fact because of this problem and other internal decisions, we decided to completely switch towards Mandriva 2006 and a NI PCI6221 card, so using NIDAQMX8.

Everything is now working perfectly.

Thank you again for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,332 Views)