Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a digital input to trigger a save

Hello, 

I have an NU USB-6363 X Series Multifunction DAQ. 

I need to know if this situation is hypothetically possible so that I can use that fact to build a part of a program for saving data from a pressure sensor. 

Say I have a physical pushbutton wired into a Digital In port on my DAQ, and I have a DAQ Assistant express VI, which is in a while loop, reading that Digital In port, and is set to 1 Sample (on demand). 

Assuming that the DAQ Assistant is only capable of generating 1 High or Low value per loop iteration  (since it's set to 1 Sample), couldn't you use the push button in this manner to control a Case Structure through the DAQ Assistant?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,012 Views)

It sounds good, but why don't you share with us the code that you have tried until now? Please take a look at this example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10608  it uses a similar functionality to start logging data by selecting from 2 cases.

Message 2 of 3
(2,982 Views)

Thank you for your reply! (I'm sorry to have taken so long to reply. I played around with the example you linked, and I later integrated that with my code and it seemed to work alright)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,875 Views)