From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PCI-6143 to acquire multipe current measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a PCI-6143 to measure the current of 4 motors.

For every moto i need to measure current from 0 to 10s with 500 rate.

In my sequence i need to begin measurement of the current for every motors independly.

Si i created 4 tasks, every task for one motor.

The problem is that tasks i have the error "NI-DAqmx Error -50103 "The Specified Resource is Reserved".

I think it is beacause my tasks are concurrent, so i can't execute the 4 tasks in the same time.

I know a solution for that could be to combine all channels into one task but this solution wont work for me and I need these 4 channels to run in 4 separate tasks because I need  to use different trigerring for each input signal and if I combine them into one task it is not possible anymore.

Is there any way I can keep them running in separate tasks and also get rid of that 50103 error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MED_88

Briefly, No.

The workaround is to acquire continuously with all channels in 1 task while dealing with the equivalent of trigger detection in software.  The device itself simply doesn't support multiple simultaneous AI tasks with hardware-based timing.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(724 Views)