Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Matlab with USB-6009

Hello,
I have a project to. For this project I have to send signal from Matlab to the USB-6009. After the signal go trough a filter and come back to the USB-6009, so I also have to recieve informations to Matlab from the USB-6009. Is there anybody who know the Matlab instructions in order to do it?
Thank you so much!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(11,500 Views)

Hey hohenjm,

I think the following tutorial will help you: An Introduction to NI-DAQmx Tools for The Mathworks, Inc. MATLAB® Software

BR, Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(11,470 Views)

Thank You.

I already have this programm. I tried to creat channels but I can't. Do you know how to do this with matlab?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(11,467 Views)
hohenjm,
why do you want to create channels?
In MAX the USB device is recognized as "devX" (where X represents a number)
In Matlab you only have to use one of the delivered functions (DAQ_DEMO_Browser) of the DAQmx Tools for Matlab and to specify a device and a channel.
For example:
[data, time, initial_time, timed_out] = AcqNUpdates('dev3/ai0', -10, 10, 100, 1000, 10)

Whereas dev3/ai0 indicates the USB 6008 device (information from MAX -> Measurement and Automation Explorer)

Regards,
ThSa
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(11,448 Views)
Thank you very much to answer. For my study I have to generate and send signals in real time. An other solution is to use the Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox 2.8,
with this solution I think that I must create channels so I would like to know how to do this.

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(11,446 Views)
I am so sorry, but in this point I cannot give you support.
Either contact directly Mathworks or have a look on the following links:

Data Acquisition Toolbox
User's Guide
Examples

Another option to get access directly in Simulink to our HW would be to compile the m files (with some modifications for sure) with the s-function builder and to include it via a user function block in Simulink

BR
ThSa
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(11,439 Views)

Hi Folks,

I got a problem with the USB 6009 NI when I connect a PID Controller to an Analog Output in the Simulink.USB 6009 NI Error.jpg

I would like to know how do I use the PID Controller without change the Time Domain to Discrete-Time, because I need to use a Continuous-Time.

Thank in Advantage.

Best Regards

Pedro Ivo Allevato

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,078 Views)

Can you Tell me how i make simulink/matlab 2012b to recognize the ni usb 6009 

where matlab recognize usb6009 in matlab but in simulink give me it recognize to winsound microphone

can any body replay for me

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,900 Views)

Can you Tell me how i make simulink/matlab 2012b to recognize the ni usb 6009 

where matlab recognize usb6009 in matlab but in simulink give me it recognize to winsound microphone

can any body replay for me

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,900 Views)

Hi Pedro,

Have you solved this problem yet? I have the same problem as you but could not find any solutions in any forums.

Can you help me?

Thank you a lot.

Thuy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,464 Views)