From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 as Stepper Motor Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been away from LabVIEW for a while (6 years or so) and I have a small task to achieve and am really struggling to get started.

I have Labview version 8.6 and a USB-6501 DIO.  I need to drive a stepper motor which requires 4 inputs (in my case Port 2 (0 to 3)) and depending on the phase of these 4 signals with respect to each other (its an H-Bridge circuit) will cause the motor to drive forwards or backwards.

I started with the DAQ assistant and I appear to be successfully communicating with the DIO and Motor, but I'm not at the stage of being able to produce my 4 signals.  I know the USB-6501 needs to be controlled with timing (as opposed to generating a function train for example).  However I'm stuck getting started as my potential solutions seem very long winded as I was wondering if there was a quick and easy solution to producing my 4 signals?  I'm sure I am missing something.

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated as I am very rusty and I don't have long to find my solution.

Cheers,

Karen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KJG76

I've fixed my problem.... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,107 Views)

Hi KJG76,

I know it has been awhile but would you be able to provide the solution to your problem? I am currently in a similar situation although have extremely limited LabVIEW experience.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,739 Views)