cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6008 Analog Output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently using the analog output function on my USB 6008, however the analog output from AO1 suddenly maxed out at .7V.  I have attempted using the test panel to output something else, but it stays stuck at .7V.  I suspect I may have fried something in the board.  Is there any easy fix for this or will I need to find a replacement board?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,156 Views)

Are you connecting something to that Analog Output or you're measuring it without load?

Check my post in: USB-6008 Analog Output Not Working

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,114 Views)

I am measuring without a load; just a multimeter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tlestak

Hello tlestak,

The USB-6008 also has a 5V output pin (I believe is 31 for that device). If you probe between that pin and ground, I would expect the millimeter to read very close to 5V. If it's not the case, I suggest trying another multimetre (just to make sure we discard that being a problem), and sending the card for repair if the output is still not 5V with a second one.

If we do output 5V in the card, it would be good to make sure we're measuring the AO correctly after outputting the voltage in NI MAX. Probe the AO0 and GND while setting the output to 5V in NI MAX.

2019-08-15 09_03_53-Dev 2019 on USAUSLT-DEL5491 - Virtual Machine Connection.png

If you don't see the correct measurement, I would be more inclined to think the AO circuitry is damaged.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,046 Views)