Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical accuracy for NI 9207

Does NI quote anywhere "typical" accuracy values (e.g. 25 +/- deg C) for the NI 9207?

The datasheet only has "maximum" values (worst case of 0.19mA), but I can see that the device's accuracy in realistic operating conditions is more than an order of magnitude better than this. Unfortunately, I don't have the traceable equipment to calibrate this myself.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)

Oops, never mind, the Calibration manual - does give some alternative numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,261 Views)

Cal-Specs are smaller to cover all the drifts over the calibration interval!

Drift due to time (internal references drift) , temperature!, humidity ... noise, self heating of the sensing resistors ...

Well specified (usually metrological) devices have 24h, 1 month and 1 year specs ...

IF you have known currents (sources)  (or even better known stable exiters for your current sourcing transducers, say weigth loads for a loadcell) and do a lot of calibrations/verifications over a longer periode, you can estinate how good your setup really is.

And don't mix up accuracy and resolution 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,254 Views)

Can we still have an answer to that question above? In my opinion it hasn´t been answered yet.
My question basically is, if the off-set error and the gain error are both negligible(or 0) when ambient conditions are around 25 ° C or if I need to use "maximum -40 to 70 °C" instead?
What is the reason for not stating any information about typical accuracy for NI9207?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,231 Views)