From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCB 68 analog output voltage

Hello,

I am very new to LabVIEW, and I need to be able to control and generate a 0-10 Volt signal with my SCB-68 and the DAQ software.  I've wired my output to AO 0 and AO GRND, but how do I program the LabVIEW code so I can enter in a value between 0-10 and have the SCB 68 generate that voltage? I know that the max output from the SCB-68 is also 5+ volts. 

Thanks,

Jimbo

Message 1 of 6
(6,842 Views)

You will first have to get a DAQ card since the SCB-68 is nothing more than a dumb terminal block. There is no max voltage out from the SCB-68. The DAQ card you use (whatever that might be), will have a maximum voltage.

When you get the card, go through the tutorials at the Getting Started with DAQmx page. Then open the Example Finder in LabVIEW and expand Hardware Input & Output>DAQmx>Analog Generation>Voltage and look at the VIs there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,838 Views)

Hello All!

I just have installed PCIe-6353 DAQ card. I also have hooked up a chassis SCXI-1000 (having strain gauge module SCXI-1520 and thermocouple module SCXI-1102) on Connector 0 and on Connector 1, I have hooked up SCB-68 terminal block! I am trying to generate an AO voltage of 5V  to control the speed of a motor. I am hooking up wires from DAC0 OUT and AOGND terminals of this SCB-68 termianl block and then connecting them to the controller of motor. The only issue with this set up is that I am not able to get this voltage generated out to these terminals! All other signals are working fine!

Please help me as this is my fisrt experience with this PCIe-6353!! Do I need to do something in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? I am also pasting pictures of how I have configured my hardware set up in MAX.

Thanking you all in advance!

Tajim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,812 Views)

All the SCXI information is irrelevant since that is connector 0.

The most relevant information is missing. What is your code to generate a signal and what analog output pin are you specifying? If you disconnect the motor and just probe the SCB-68 pin, do you see a voltage? Have you tried to generate a voltage with the test panel in MAX?

Message 4 of 6
(6,792 Views)

tajim,

What channel on your PCIe-6353 are you attempting to generate with?  If your SCB-68 is attached to connector 1, then you'll need to generate on either AO2 or AO3.  I will assume that DAC0 OUT corresponds to pin 22.  This pin is connected to AO 2 on your PCIe-6353.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Message 5 of 6
(6,785 Views)

Dear All!

Thank you very much for everyone! Special thanks to Mcdan!! It is working now!

Well! The trick is in choosing correct Physical Channel in Labview and quick reference labels for SCB-68 pinout when it is hooked up on connector 1 of PCIe-6353 for AO generation. Since PCIe-6353 has two connectors (68 pins) and can generate 4 AO, where Channel:AO0 and Channel:AO1 (in Labview) can be used for AO generation when SCB-68 is hooked up on connector 0 and Channel:AO2 and Channel:AO3 (in Labview) can be used to generate AO when SCB-68 is hooked up on connector 1 on same pins 21 & 22 of SCB-68. I was tricked by the quick reference labels for SCB-68 E-series  which I was using for my application and was working fine with PCI-6254 on connector 1. Since PCIe-6353 is having additional feature of AO in comparison to PCI-6254, the quick reference label layout of E-series does not explain the correct titles of AO pinouts for the PCIe-6353. Below is the link where I took this quick reference!
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F011AD8B0F4BD35086257050006CBB70
Thanks to all again!

Regards!

tajim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,767 Views)