From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing PFI to RSTI in MATLAB DAQ Toolbox

Hello,

I have a NI PCI-6259 DAQ and a BNC-2110 connector to it. I also have the MATLAB DAQ Toolbox. Is there a way to rout the PFI0 pin to the RSTI0 by using the DAQ Toolbox, since I want to use the RSTI0 for my external clock and the BNC-2110 board does not have the RSTI connector. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Areg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,720 Views)
Hello,

It's actually the RTSI not RSTI Smiley Tongue

Areg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,707 Views)
Hi,

Currently, we don't offer a way to route signals to RTSI in the Toolbox. 

-Rob
-----
Rob Purser
Manager, Test and Measurement
MathWorks
rob.purser@mathworks.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,688 Views)
Thank you Rob,

So is there a way to rout PFI to RTSI through the NI DAQmx API (using Visual Studio)? How about LabView?

Areg
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,679 Views)
Hi Areg,

With the PCI-6259, you can route a PFI line to a RTSI line. You can check this by looking at the device routes for the PCI-6259 in Measurement and Automation. This can be accessed by selecting your device and switching to the Device Routes tab at the bottom of the screen as shown in the following screenshot.

To do this in VB or LabVIEW, you can use either the
DAQmx Export Signal function or the DAQmx Connect/Disconnect Terminals functions. In the end, they accomplish the same task of routing the signal but they work somewhat differently. You can read more about these differences in this article.

There are examples which utilize these functions so you can take a look at them if you would like. The location of the VB examples can be found in the DAQmx Help file. The LabVIEW examples can be found in the Example Finder which can be accessed through the Help menu.

Regards,
Kent
Applications Engineer

Message Edited by tnek on 03-28-2008 02:56 PM

Message Edited by tnek on 03-28-2008 02:57 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,666 Views)

Hi all,

As of our October 2008 release, R2008b, the Data Acquisition Toolbox provides full support for RTSI signals.  For a demo, visit

http://www.mathworks.com/products/daq/demos.html?file=/products/demos/shipping/daq/demosync_ai_and_a...

-Rob

-----
Rob Purser
Manager, Test and Measurement
MathWorks
rob.purser@mathworks.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,315 Views)