Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend HW for fast multiple Analog Inputs

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm considering buying a NI-PCI card for the computer. I have a 6024E now and it seems to slow. I sample 4 analog channels with 100kS and want to go higher but then one channel gives an echo to next. I understand it is the MUX that has a settling time?

Can anyone suggest a better hardware that can deal with higher samplingrates (up to 200kS) from NI that don't kill my budget? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,153 Views)

@Haddock01 wrote:

but then one channel gives an echo to next.

If you are getting ghosting, then you have too high of source impedance.  Use a Voltage Follower setup to act as a buffer and get those source impedances down.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,136 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Haddock01

Go for a simultanious sampling device, PCI(e) and >= 200kSPS filter give some results

PCI-6143 would just fit

I would go for the PCIe 6346  (500kSPS,16bit and more input ranges)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,132 Views)

I will test first with a voltage Follower and then test with a square wave and see what happens.

I found a PCI 6143 at eBay for a very low cost. about 300 USD. 

However, Labview gives a warning when I'm using 100kS or above sampl.rate (I'm using DAQmx) that my hardware (6024E) can give bad accuracy with this speed. So even if I get a better PCI-card LV probably still gives me a warning.

6024E garantuees 200kSp(!).

Sorry about my bad english. 😕

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,116 Views)