cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NI cDAQ-9172

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have 3 problems with my program. So NI cDAQ-9172 isnt supported anymore by DAQmx. In order to solve this problem I need to create a virtual channel? How do I do this? Also problem 1 & 2 is stating that the physical channels dont exist even though they do and are powered on and connected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,807 Views)

So NI cDAQ-9172 isnt supported anymore by DAQmx.

Correct, NI-DAQmx 17.5 is the last version of DAQmx that support the 9172.

@Billy12345In order to solve this problem I need to create a virtual channel? How do I do this?

The only way to solve this problem is to install a version of NI-DAQmx that supports the 9172. You may need to uninstall the existing version first.

@Billy12345Also problem 1 & 2 is stating that the physical channels dont exist even though they do and are powered on and connected.

The API itself can't find the physical channel because it isn't supported. The real issue, as you've found, is that the device isn't supported as Self-Test in MAX indicated.

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
Message 2 of 10
(4,752 Views)

How do I uninstall the existing one then? My ultimate goal is to be able to create a ground motion for a shake table that is able to repeat that same motion no matter how much mass is on it. How would I go about doing this? I know that a PID is involved in this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,723 Views)

This ground motion is from the Earthquake engineering research institute 2018 competition. https://slc.eeri.org/2018-seismic-design-competition/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,721 Views)

Ok I figured out how to uninstall the existing and install the legacy driver that I need. Problem 1 & 2 still persists even with the legacy driver installed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,714 Views)

Hi Billy12345,

What version of DAQmx did you install? DAQmx 17.5? And what module is in slot 1 of your cDAQ 9172's chassis?

17.5 should be fine. And if the module has the corresponding AO and AI (or acceleration) then we may have  a damage problem. Let me know!

Thanks!

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,694 Views)

Yes it is DAQmx 17.5. Yes I do have something in module slot 1 and 2. refer to the pictures

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,679 Views)

Forgot to add this picture to prove that I have the DAQmx 17.5 installed

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,675 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy12345

You appear to have named your chassis "cDAQ2Mod1", which means that your AI module (9234) is "cDAQ2Mod1Mod1" and your AO module (9263) is "cDAQ2Mod1Mod2". (On insertion, a cDAQ module is given a name of chassis + "Mod" + slotnumber.)

You are also creating an AO Voltage virtual channel with the string "cDAQ2Mod1/ai0". Analog output channels are named "aoN". Given your setup, "cDAQ2Mod1Mod2/ao0" would be the correct channel string.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,671 Views)

Ok I renamed  cDAQ2Mod1/ai0 to cDAQ2Mod1Mod2/ao0 now. The error code in pic problem 1 appears when I run the program still. But the other error doesnt appear anymore

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,669 Views)