From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem two analog output generation NIDAQ mx

Hello everybody,

This is my first post so please forgive me if I make any mistake explaining myself. I am working in a MAC environment with LabView 2012 and with  a DAQ NI USB-6218. I am trying to generate two analog signals at the same time. A first square signal and a second constant amplitude signal.

I made a code that worked as expected before but I don't know why it doesn't work anymore. I am very confused with its behavior and where is the problem. In summary, when I start the code, I have my square signal but my constant voltage signal is always placed on zero volts no matter what I do (measurements and outputs viewed by oscilloscope). Can you please give me a hand to solve this problem?.

As I said, it worked before and I didn't touch the code since then. I cannot understand what is happening.

Thank you in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,888 Views)

Hello DrDi,

I looked over your VI, and it should work as you said, even more if you have changed nothing and it stopped to work suddenly.

- First, you should look at your outputs separately : Do they work with NI MAX when you generate a constant signal, or a sinus ? (ao0 and ao1)

- Try the same on LabVIEW, with 2 different tasks in parallel, configured with N samples 1 Channel

- Try each task separately on LabVIEW thanks to the example in the Example Finder

These first steps will inform us about is your module working or not.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,849 Views)