Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure sensor 6250E

Hi,

I have a Honeywell pressure sensor model TJE that is currently connected to a NI 9237 bridge board. I am having to change equipment to a NI PCI-6250E multifunction DAQ with a SCB-68 terminal block. (The equipment swap is unavoidable because my boss wants the 9237 for another project.) Is it possible to still make this pressure sensor work on the multi-function DAQ without the bridge configuration? I assume that there is a way to do it internally in Labview, possibly by mimicking the bridge configuration, maybe? 

The pressure transducer datasheet is here: https://measurementsensors.honeywell.com/ProductDocuments/Pressure/Model_TJE_Datasheet.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,601 Views)

Depends what you need 😉

The sensor spec say 10V exitation (regulated!) , so I asssume a piezoresistive Bridge that is only specfied at this bridgevoltage. 

The 6250 has a 5V supply pin with 1A rating... and you need 10V ~30mA   so you can use a DC/DC converter (usually noisy!)  5VDC-to-15VDC and add a 10V linear regulator plus some C to filter..

If you have long cables and want to use a 6 wire bridge measurement with active 10V feedback control at least one OP is needed... but I think just monitoring the bridge voltage is fine.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,583 Views)