From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of USB-7856R

Hi,

We currently use PCIe-7852R FPGA cards and we are looking for something faster and more complex analysis routines.

The USB-7856R seems to beat all PCI/PXI cards, but are there any caveats I am missing by switching to USB?

If someone could share his experience with the USB-7856R card, that'd be very appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,393 Views)

Hi mreichen,

USB R Series devices offer a number of I/O capability upgrades over previous generations of R Series devices for PXI, PCI, and PCI Express. On the analog I/O side, these upgrades include faster analog input rates, user-selectable analog input ranges, and native fixed-point data representation. The upgrades to digital I/O include user-selectable logic levels and higher performance I/O that allows for faster speeds.

Now, I suppose you're using most of the functionnality of this type of RIO/DAQ board like Analog I/O, DIO and counters. If not some hardware using PXI with customizable front-end can help you to fit your need like the FlexRIO.

NI FlexRIO

http://www.ni.com/flexrio/

Regards

Victor F. | Systems Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer | Certified TestStand Architect
National Instruments Budapest

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,346 Views)

Are there DMA channels? If so, how many and how different is the throughput & latency from PCIe cards?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,290 Views)