Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of USB-7856R

Hi,

We currently use PCIe-7852R FPGA cards and we are looking for something faster and more complex analysis routines.

The USB-7856R seems to beat all PCI/PXI cards, but are there any caveats I am missing by switching to USB?

If someone could share his experience with the USB-7856R card, that'd be very appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,373 Views)

Hi mreichen,

USB R Series devices offer a number of I/O capability upgrades over previous generations of R Series devices for PXI, PCI, and PCI Express. On the analog I/O side, these upgrades include faster analog input rates, user-selectable analog input ranges, and native fixed-point data representation. The upgrades to digital I/O include user-selectable logic levels and higher performance I/O that allows for faster speeds.

Now, I suppose you're using most of the functionnality of this type of RIO/DAQ board like Analog I/O, DIO and counters. If not some hardware using PXI with customizable front-end can help you to fit your need like the FlexRIO.

NI FlexRIO

http://www.ni.com/flexrio/

Regards

Victor F. | Systems Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer | Certified TestStand Architect
National Instruments Budapest

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,326 Views)

Are there DMA channels? If so, how many and how different is the throughput & latency from PCIe cards?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,270 Views)