From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16E-4 - Drop In Replacement

Hello! We have a test cell that uses a PCI-MIO-16E-4 analog card and since these cards are scarce, is there a card that would be a simple drop-in replacement? The LabVIEW program was written with NI-DAQ, no mx if that helps.

The big dilemma we have is a wire diagram does not exist for this test cell and the wires themselves are all the same color and run through several conduits. I'm hoping we can just compare the two pinouts and move the wires from the old card to the new one.

Thanks! If anybody has the time for a quick response, I'd love to know if we can move away from the PCI-MIO-16E-4 (hen's teeth card) to something more current.  The speed of the card is not an issue, it simply reads some voltages and resistance.

-- Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,128 Views)

Hi Jason,

The PCI-MIO-16E-4 card has been renamed to PCI-6040E and is readily available. You should be able to drop this in with little trouble. Additionally, if you are willing to move away from the Traditional DAQ driver to DAQmx, I recommend looking at our M Series cards.

Post back if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,100 Views)