Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16E-1 signal problem

I am using a PCI-MIO-16E-1 for data acquisition application via external clock and trigger. The external clock is TTL pulses from a pulse generator and the trigger signal is 1/720 of the freqeuncy of the clock signal. The analogue to be acquired comes from several pulse trains generated by PCI-6602 counter/timer card using the clock and trigger signal mentioned before.

The problem is whenever I connect the clock source on the PCI-MIO-16E-1 (which has BNC 2090 interface box) to the system, the signal from the PCI-6602 got changed. When unplug the clock source from the system, it is ok again. I used "user 1" on the BNC 2090 for clock signal and connect it to PFI 1 (also tested other PFI lines). So I guess that maybe caused by the PFI lines on the PCI-MIO-16E-1 that may introduce some noise to the system. Also, when I plug the clock source, but turned off the computer which has PCI-MIO-16E-1 on it, the system is back to normal again.

Could anyone help me about this? Which may be the cause of this problem? and how could I remove the problem? thanks a lot!

Xiaowei
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,823 Views)

Hello edavide,

How are the signals from the 6602 different when you connect the clock signal to the PCI-MIO-16E-1 card?  It does actually sound like a problem with the source current of the device you are using for the clocking signals.

Will the card aquire analog signals when it alone is connected to the clocking pulses?

How much current can the function generator provide?

If you could come back to me with that information I might be able to hgelp you further

Thanx

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,801 Views)

Hi again edavide,

Any luck with this issue?

Thanx

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,786 Views)

Dear Adam

Sorry for updating my problem. Yes, I solved this problem, although I am not sure how I did it. I think it is due to the function generator that I have been using. Now I replaced it with a new one, and it does the job. But still the old function generator works fine when I tested it. So I am a bit confused. Anyway, it does not seems that it is a problem generated by NI card. Many thanks for your kind help.

Best regards,

Xiaowei

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,781 Views)