Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6221 differrent pulses on on ctr0 and ctr1

Hi,

i´m using a PCI 6221. Is it possible to generate to different and independent pulses on ctr0 and ctr1. I am using ctr1 to trigger a camera and i need a second independent pulse to control a steppermotor-card. Is there any possibility to do that?

thanks

nerdi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,098 Views)

Hey,

If you want to generate a continous pulse train the answer is yes.

But when generating a finite pulse train, both counters will be needed for for this.

Christian

Message 2 of 4
(3,081 Views)

Christian is absolutely correct.  I just wanted to make it clear that you may generate single pulses on each counter independently.  The only limitation is with generating a finite (greater than 1) train of pulses.  Older hardware requires the use of both counters to generate the finite pulse train.  X Series boards and cDAQ chassis (other than the 9172) do not have this restriction.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,069 Views)

There's one other sneaky thing you might be able to do if this app isn't using AI and/or AO.  You can configure finite sampling tasks for the AI or AO subsystem and then export its sample clock signal to a PFI pin.

You might be able to operate your stepper for a finite number of steps at a constant pulse rate this way.  You probably will want to use a real counter to get the timing right for your trigger signal.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,035 Views)