From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset on DAQ input (PCI-6110)

Hello,

I am using a PCI-6110.  I see a constant offset on channel 1 of about 2.3V although I have nothing connected to it.  The other channels are ok showing roughly 0V offset.

I am interested in finding out how I could do a self-calibration on the board and if that would solve the problem.  If not, I wonder if there is anything else I can do to fix this.

Thanks a lot,

Jerome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Hello Jerome,

Is this offset on an AI line or AO?  If it is on an AI line, do you see an offset when you connect a signal to the channel?  How are you measuring the channel offset?  When nothing is connected to an AI channel, the line is floating, so the channel could read any voltage because it is not referenced to anything.  This is only problematic when that offset continues to be applied when a signal is attached to the line. 

If you see an offset after attaching a known voltage, you may have to calibrate your device.  Here's the a page with calibration information or you could send it into National Instruments for calibration.

Regards,
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,802 Views)

Hello Micaela,

Thank you very much for your response.  I see the offset on the AI side of the board and it is configured in differential mode.  I see the offset no matter what, if I have the input disconnected or connected.  E.g. If I apply a 100 Hz sine it will appear on that channel with an offset of about 2.3V.

Do you think calibration of the board will do the trick?

Thanks a lot and have a good day,

Jerome.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,793 Views)
Hello Jerome,

The more I think about it, a 2.3 V offset is rather large and is more likely a result of a malfunctioning card than a card in need of calibration.  I would suggest contacting National Instruments' support for an RMA.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,781 Views)