cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Physical Channels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to acquire data from an Atten ATF20B function generator. I'm using PCI-6602 and BNC-2121 to connect the generator to my computer, but under MAX, only the PCI card shows up under "Devices and Interfaces." There are no physical channel options for the program in LabVIEW (which is taken from one of NI's videos on Youtube). Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,429 Views)

Did you try to create a virtual channel using the PCI-6602?  You should be able to add the connector block through the properties of the PCI-6602 in MAX.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,420 Views)

Great, thanks. So now I can see the connector block and PCI-6602 in MAX, but I still don't have any physical channels. I only have a Device Name channel "Dev1." When I try to create a virtual channel, I'm selecting "Analog Input" and then "Voltage," but under the suggested physical channels tab, it says that there are no supported devices found.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alczha

The 6602 is a Counter/Timer card with Digital I/O, no Analog capabilities.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,370 Views)

Ok, so what if I want to use the function generator that's in BNC 2121, and I want to use LabVIEW to read the functions generated? I read the manual and connected a wire from the spring terminal with the square wave beside it to one of the user defined BNC connectors. However, I still see no physical channels to select. Is it possible to generate signals with the connector block and read them with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,319 Views)