From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni-USB 6259

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to read two AI (Analog Input) from DAQ NI-USB 6253 simultaneously. It always shows an error. could anyone share code how I can read and synchronization? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rehmanymu

What error are you getting? If you are using USB-6259, it multiplexes the input so it is not exactly simultaneous.

If you are using a DAQmx API, you should just do what it says below.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8b1SAC&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,641 Views)

Thank you.  It is very useful.   Let me explain to you more. MY device is NI USB-6259(BNC).  I am trying to read two XY piezo stage AI(Analog Input) signal and one AI from detectors through lock-in amplifier. My goal is to read and synchronize these three signal. Now I did by DAQ assistance through Explorer It is working. But It cannot show simultaneously. and did not show any error. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,600 Views)

You should use hardware that supports simultaneous analog input such as USB-6353 or NI 9215 when you want to acquire simultaneously, especially when you want to analyze data from a lock-in amplifier. 

That being said, if you could attach a screen capture of VI, I could take a closer look.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)

I suspect you're trying to run 3 distinct AI tasks simultaneously.  Instead you should include all 3 AI channels in 1 task.  There's only 1 timing engine available for AI, so you can't run separate tasks at the same time.

As stated before, those channels will be multiplexed and have a small fixed timing offset for when their A/D conversions are captured.   If you sample at 1 kHz,  all 3 channels will be updated every 1 msec.  But for each msec interval, the individual channels will be converted at a different offset within that msec.  These offsets *will* be hardware-timed and consistent.  

There are apps where it's ok to ignore this offset, apps where it's sufficient to know about it and compensate appropriately, and apps where you must use a device capable of true simultaneous sampling.  Dunno which kind you have.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,554 Views)