From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with DAQmxGetDevAIGains

Could someone please give me an example of how to use DAQmxGetDevAIGains?  Like many functions in the DAQmx C API, I can find only the barest of documentation.  The documentation shows:

int32 __CFUNC DAQmxGetDevAIGains(const char device[], float64 *data, uInt32 arraySizeInSamples);

Purpose

DAQmxGetDevAIGains gets the I/O Type >> Analog Input >> Gains property

I tried using it like so:

double gains[32];

int err = DAQmxGetDevAIGains("PXI2Slot2", gains, 32);

where the device at PXI2Slot2 is a PXI-6250.  The call returns with err == 0, but the gains array is filled with garbage (-7.8e+298).  I've already created a task and at least one AI channel before I try to get the gains.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,932 Views)

Hi Larry,

I am familiar with a similar property that I can use withoput problem in LabVIEW. Let me if I can find an example in C that will help us figure out what you are doing wrong. I will post back monday afternoon with an update.

What environment are you programming in? If you would like to, you could also post your code and I can take a look at it.

Regards,

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,912 Views)

AI Gain is pretty much only used on SCXI devices so when you query it for for available gains on a regular DAQ card it just returns an empty array. What you're probably looking for is DAQmxGetDevAIVoltageRngs().

Cheers, 

Andrew S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,899 Views)

Hi Larry,

He makes a good point. I believe I have only used the Gains property node with Dynamic Signal Acquisition (DSA) cards and SCXI in the past. Some links that you might find helpful with regards to DAQmxGetDevAIVoltageRngs() are:

Format of DAQmxGetDevAIVoltageRngs

how to list AI input ranges by daqmx

I hope this helps,

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,891 Views)