Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI9208 analog input 20 mA - connect passive and active sensors

Hello,

I'm using a NI 9208 16-channel anaolg input module for 20 mA measurement in a cDAQ-chassis.

It is connected to a 24 V DC power supply. So far, a couple of passive sensors are connected and it works very well.

Now I want to measure data from an active sensor as well. This sensor is connected to the same power supply as well, because it's a part of a motor-device.

Is it possible to connect passive and active sensors somehow at the same time to the same input module?

Many thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,411 Views)

Hi Stefan,

since you are using the NI 9208, I guess you want to measure current from the sensor.

When looking at the following link, the measurement type is the important thing, not if the sensor is active or passive:

What Determines if a Transducer Is Active or Passive? - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/084702CE98679BB886256CA3006752D7

You only have to keep the specifications of the module in mind, so you measure in its input range and the sensitivity meets your needs.

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,383 Views)

Did you ever find a solution to this Stefan? I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,467 Views)

RTFM helps.

See page 13 and page 14 in the manual 🙂

and yes,  you can use both at the same time, the total current shoudn't exeed 2A , so it's wise to read the fantastic manual from your transducers too 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,464 Views)