Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9924 Wiring

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI 9924 and would like to wire a BNC connector to it, I do not want to mess up the wiring so I was wondering if the SH terminal is the same as GND? I have never wired this device before and I would appreciate any help that can be provided. I have included screenshots of what I think I should do. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(935 Views)

What NI C-series module will you attach to this 9924 housing?

The actual wiring is dependent on what this adapter connects to, whatever you see on the terminal block are just the pins of the connector.

santo_13_0-1674502965228.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(908 Views)

I am attaching it to an NI 9401 module which is connected to a cDAQ 9189 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author svazquez22

AS per NI 9401 pinout, any pin called "COM" can be treated as GND and connect your black wire of the BNC pigtail to the COM (not to SH)

santo_13_0-1674506382949.png

For instance, if I were to connect a BNC to DIO0, I would connect the red wire of BNC to 14 and the black wire to 1 on the connector block.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(894 Views)