From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9263 AO Inconsistent with Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am running LabVIEW 2015, and am using a cDAQ 9178 and an NI 9263 AO module.  I am trying to generate two voltage signals: two square pulses on two separate channels of the AO to trigger two different pieces of equipment in a precisely timed way.

The problem is, I am having some inconsistencies in the voltage I am telling LabVIEW to generate and what I am measuring on my oscilloscope.  I am using two "Simulate Signal" blocks to generate a 2V pulse and a 3V pulse, but measured on the oscilloscope I am getting ~20 volts and ~30 volts, respectively.  When I try changing the amplitude of the pulses, I very reliably measure voltages on the oscilloscope about 10x higher than what I am telling the DAQ to do.

The code I am using is attached, as well as screen shots.  Hopefully I am just making a silly mistake.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by beckled1234

Hello Beckled1234,

The 9263 can output +-10 V. If you are measuring 20V and 30V I suggest you check the configuration on the oscilloscope or use a DMM to ensure the output is correct first.

Diego H

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,675 Views)

I double-checked with a DMM and seem to be getting the correct voltage, so I imagine you are correct.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,672 Views)