Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyDaq DC output Problem When stop is hit in Labview

For a project me and my lab partner are using Labview to create a square wave and output through our mydaq to our circuit. The problem is when we hit stop in Labview the mydaq outputs a DC voltage the same amplitude as the square waves. This has damaged a few of our components and we need to know if their is a way to force the output to zero when we ht stop in Labview. Anyone know a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,206 Views)
Just pass a constant to a DAQmx Write.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,193 Views)

I have the attached code. Can anyone look at it and tell me how to complete it.

What I am doing is generate a square wave. After I press stop, I want the square wave and the DC voltage to be zero. In other word, I want the output to be ZERO. If someone can complete, I would be grateful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,163 Views)

Hey jackdds1,

IF you want to continue to use express VIs you can simply use the same method and write a DC signal of zero to your channel after the loop, as shown below (just makes sure you set the DC signal to zero and choose "N samples" instead of continuous samples for the DAQ assistant. 

😞 zero signal.JPG

A better way to do it would be to use the DAQmx functions and modify one of the examples in example finder to write zeros to the output buffer after you press the stop button. I've attached an example of this. I hope this helps!

-Nathan H

Software Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,145 Views)

I need some quick advice. I am trying to control a shape memory actuated robotic hand using a closed-loop system. I want to connect a potentiometer at the elbow so that i can get a feed back by reading the resistance. I am using a PWM signal as the input.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A DIRECTION?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,018 Views)

Please do not hijack an old and completely unrelated thread. Post your question as a new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,009 Views)