Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixing Differential/RSE Inputs on NI-9209

Solved!
Go to solution

I am wanting to use a NI-9209 cDAQ module to take some differential measurements.  I will not be using all of the differential channels on the device and I have some other single-ended measurements that I need to do as well.  Can differential and single-ended inputs be done on the same module, assuming the proper wiring connections are made?  For example, could I do a differential measurement using AI0/AI8 and then do a single-ended (RSE) measurement on AI10?  Is the differential/single-ended configuration at the module level or is each channel configurable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(606 Views)

I would just do differential on all signals, even if they are single-ended if I have enough channels.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mklusman

Simultaneously Acquiring Data in RSE and Differential Modes in LabVIEW says that you can do that. If you want confirmation, you can Create Simulated NI-DAQmx Devices in NI MAX and test it out.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 3 of 3
(575 Views)