Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX

When is MAX Installed on the development station??  When the DAQ Drivers are installed??  How does it get installed when I create an installer disk??  Does it have to be included when my exe is created or when the installer is created?  What happens if I .."can't find it"??  Does that mean someone deliberately kept it from being installed at the time the EXE was created?  I have a test station w an exe on it but can't find MAX. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,075 Views)

Hi Clint1000,

When you create an installer using LabVIEW, it is generally recommended that you manually include NI MAX if you would like to have it on the deployment system. When an installer is created, the required drivers and run-time engines are included but many of those drivers/engines do not automatically include NI MAX.

Manually Include NI MAX in a LabVIEW-built Installer

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019N5pSAE&l=en-US

-Ramsey

Technical Support Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,036 Views)

So could you walk me thru the steps to install NI MAX on to a machine that doesn't have it and wasn't included in the Installer?  I tried putting NI MAX on manually following the procedure on the NI website and now its telling me I need dot net framework.  When I tried manually installing that I get an error message.  After reading the Microsoft Website it sounds like there has to be a ton of things done before you can install dotnet.  Does National have a process that would make this simpler? I'm told by an engineer that ( I have a PXI 8101 from 2013) that dotnet wasn't put on some of these Windows 7 machines sold by National.  To me that doesn't make sense.  If you need dotnet for MAX ( a National product) why wouldn't you put a component on your product  so you can load it?/

Can you help out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,028 Views)

Hi Clint1000,

Can you post a screenshot of the error that you are receiving?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,019 Views)

In a nutshell..No.  Version1.exe software had MAX on it which was on the testset.  Some modifications were made to the test which cause a change in the SW.  So Version2.exe was created.  It was then found that Version2.exe installer didn't load MAX.  MAX is needed.  So in order to "limp along" until we figured how to get MAX into version2 they removed version 2 and re-installed version1.  Does this make sense that all the Microsoft components would be there for MAX in my version 1 exe but not for version 2 exe??  That's why I wanted a process to install MAX manually and all the needed Microsoft components.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,013 Views)

So I guess I really confused.  According to the knowledgebase:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9tuSAC&l=en-US

Installing the latest version of any driver or NI System Configuration will automatically install the latest version of NI MAX.

If I'm using a DAQ Card..and it works in my program..doesn't that mean the drivers were installed??  So from the above statement shouldn't MAX have been automatically installed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,009 Views)

Hi Clint1000,

That is correct. MAX is installed automatically when any other National Instruments software (including drivers) is installed.

MAX should be accessible by searching the Start Menu for "MAX" or "NI MAX".

Which operating system are you using in your application?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,004 Views)

Windows 7.

In a previous post you said . It is recommended you include MAX to be deployed.  if its auto why wouldn't it get deployed automatically?

@RamseyD wrote:

Hi Clint1000,

That is correct. MAX is installed automatically when any other National Instruments software (including drivers) is installed.

MAX should be accessible by searching the Start Menu for "MAX" or "NI MAX".

Which operating system are you using in your application?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,002 Views)

Hi Clint1000,

Sorry about that. I think I had misunderstood your initial question. I was under the impression that you were developing a LabVIEW application and running it on a deployment machine. Those instructions were for including MAX in an installer destined for a deployment machine.

If you are only looking to get MAX when installing NI software (Not as part of a deployment application), it is automatically installed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,999 Views)