Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term measurement using CompactRIO

Hi there,

Recently our group plan to do some long-term measurements. I noticed that NI CompactRIO may be helpful (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8426/en/#toc1). I have several questions about it:

1. As it states in the webpage, in long term measurements "... the system operates continuously at an unattended and often remote location". How does the device get power supply? Does it work purely on battery or need a cabled power supply? I have checked several datasheets and it seems that the devices have a battery. But I am not sure how long can it support.

2. What if there is a power-outage? After it regain the power, will the device re-calibrate everything or keep using the pre-calibrated data for later measurement?  

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,062 Views)

1.  You will have to supply power somehow.  You can use an AC adapter with a UPS or just a battery.  12V is the typical input for a cRIO.

2.  Depends how you program it.  You can have it recalibrate on boot up or you can read a file where you stored the latest calibration.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,040 Views)