From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 7.1 with 64 bit computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are device drivers that are compatible with LabView 7.1 on a 64-bit computer? And, more specifically, has anyone been able to drive the USB 6009 using LabView 7.1 on a 64 bit platform?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,287 Views)

LabVIEW 7.1 support was dropped in DAQmx 8.9.5; thus DAQmx 8.9 is the last version to support LabVIEW 7.1.

What operating system are you using? DAQmx 8.9 supports Windows Vista 64-bit, but no other 64-bit platforms. (Windows 7 was not officially supported until 9.0.2, and we've never supported XP 64-bit.)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,281 Views)

Hi protoTest,

LabVIEW 7.1 is officially not compatible on a 64-bit computer.

LabVIEW 8.2.1 is the latest version that can be used on a 64-bit computer.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Michael
NIUK Application Engineer
Message 3 of 6
(5,280 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Windows 7.

I was able to operate USB 6009 using LabView 7.1 and DAQmx 8.1 on Windows XP 32 bit. This was not a widely known solution, but it worked quite well.

Now I'm wondering if a similar work-around is available for Windows XP 64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,275 Views)

Oops -

I meant to say that I'm looking for a work-around for Windows 7 (not XP) 64 bit .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by protoTest

Hi prototest,

Unfortunately there is no official support in Windows 7 for LabVIEW 7.1. Please consult the following KnowledgeBase article.

Best regards,
Rohan B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,232 Views)