Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with connecting NI-MAX and Crio-9025

When trying to setup a virtual channel through NI-MAX I'm running in to the issue where the chassis is listed under Remote Systems and thus I can not go though the DATA Neighbor to set up my channel. Does anyone know how to either set up a virtual channel in remote systems or how I can get the Crio to be listed under My System.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,395 Views)

Unlike DAQ devices, you can't set up a virtual channel in NI-MAX on a cRIO 9025 since it's a remote system. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with a virtual channel? Perhaps we can offer some insight as how to do it.

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,338 Views)

The goal is to get an error estimate the way that is shown in the link below for our strain gauges. The main reason behind this is we are having an issue with our strain/stress readings fluctuating more then they did on a previous test.Our average delta was 100 psi on an old test and now we we are getting 200 psi. There are times when it peaks way beyond this average which I tend to dismiss since it is single data point which the previous and later points are within the average.

https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/strain-gages

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,335 Views)

The goal is to get an error estimate the way that is shown in the link below for our strain gauges. The main reason behind this is we are having an issue with our strain/stress readings fluctuating more then they did on a previous test.Our average delta was 100 psi on an old test and now we we are getting 200 psi. There are times when it peaks way beyond this average which I tend to dismiss since it is single data point which the previous and later points are within the average.

V-Channel Set Up

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,333 Views)

You can use NI Distributed Systems Manager with your cRIO, which has similar functionality to an NI MAX Test Panel for DAQ. Here's a document that explains how to monitor your cRIO in Distributed Systems Manager:

Monitor NI CompactRIO System Resources and I/O with the Distributed System Manager

Alternatively, you can use scan mode in LabVIEW to view incoming data. Here's a page with an explanation of how scan mode works and a tutorial on how to use it:

Getting Started with CompactRIO - Performing Basic Control with Real-Time Scan Mode

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,327 Views)