From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a DAQ that allows for sampling on each rising edge of a 1V analog signal?

I'm working on a new project, and looking to see if there is a DAQ that will work without having to modify the signal. I'm wanting to capture data from a rotary stage throughout an entire revolution. The stage has an encoder output, that I want to use that to trigger each sample, so each reading is in sync with the degree the stage is currently at. The encoder however only outputs a 1V analog output. Are there any devices that can use the rising edge to trigger a capture, or am I going to have to amplify the signal in order for it to be usable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,845 Views)

One way to achieve this is to use devices that support Analog Triggers such as X-Series Multifunction DAQ, but it would be a little slow in responding to the rising edge. If you can withstand a few millisecs of delay, then analog trigger could be a way to go. Otherwise, you would have to amplify the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,801 Views)