From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input source does not read zero when plugged into digital input (but works fine on analog input)

I was using the analog inputs on the NI USB-6009 to measure the signal from a sensor. Everything worked fine.

Since the output from the sensor is basically just a pulse ("hey, I've been triggered"), I'm trying to use the digital inputs to free up the analog inputs. Again, the output is 0 volts when not triggered, and 5V when triggered. But when I connect it to a digital input and measure the voltage with a multimeter, it gives me somewhere between 1.5 and 3.5 volts when it's supposed to be 0. When the device triggers, it goes to 5V as expected. I imagine this is a voltage divider issue. I tried using an inverter to buffer the sensor output, but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,494 Views)
Nevermind, I got the inverter to work. Need to check my connections more carefully Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,491 Views)