cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase external voltage from NI USB 6008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

is it possible to increase the voltage coming from the pin 31?

I want to supply a relay which needs 5 - 12 V with the DAQ. But it doesn't work because it doesn't get quite to 5 Volts.

So I need more volts... the current of 200mA is plenty. The relay only needs 20mA

So can i just use a voltage converter or is there another way?

Is it possible to connect the 2.5 V pinout to the 5 V and get 7.5 V?

Greetings and thanks for helping 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobikobi

If your relay (datasheet?) works with 5V and draw only 20mA you should be able to drive it with the 5V+ (pin31) ... will it work when you connect it directly

BEWARE Do this always together with a 'free wheeling diode! to protect the 6008 5V from back EMF when disconnecting an inductor (relay coil))

However I assume you want to control the relay using a DO pin... and 'loose' some voltage .. a proper selected transistor can help.

@bobikobi wrote:

Is it possible to connect the 2.5 V pinout to the 5 V and get 7.5 V?

No.

but you can use an external voltage supply .. (another 5V from another USB or ...)

But from your questions I have the impression, that you are not quite familar with electronics, so my advice would be to make a plan of what you want to connect how  and discuss it here or with some else BEFORE atually connecting it.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,684 Views)