Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant generate the correct logic to pass my globals to the "write file"

Solved!
Go to solution
I am using 8.2.1 LABVIEW. I am passing globals to a (2) counter VI. I can't get the logic to write the data to a file. I am usung one frequency. I need to pass the glabals on the falling  and rising edge when the frency changes states?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,315 Views)

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a tough time understanding your question? Could you post a picture or bit more detail about what you expect to happen and what is actually happening?

It sounds like you may be trying to write data to a global variable which is read in a seperate VI. Are you wanting to read and write at a deterministic rate? Some more clarity could help us find a solution to your issue. Thanks.

PBear
NI RF
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,298 Views)
How do I post a picture or the VI?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pnielsen@gplains.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,290 Views)
I pushed the accepted key to soon.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,287 Views)
I can't seem to get the right case diagram to pass the global data on the rising and the falling pulse. The pulse train can be 3 seconds to 15 seconds.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,265 Views)
What you have posted does not make any sense to me. First, you created an llb but did not include the globals or anything other than a single VI. In this single VI, you have a couple of while loops running and of course, nothing outside the while loop is going to execute until both while loops finish. That means that nothing gets written to file. You have not shown the code where you are writing to the globals. Even if you were able to write to a file, you have no code that controls when you want to write and your explanation of that is still confusing. You mention a case diagram but there is no case diagram at all in the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,251 Views)
I have 5 seperate VIS running. Sorry for the confusion
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,247 Views)