Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a DAQ card for a laptop (preferrably a comparable product with the DAQ 6062E card)

Dear NI experts,

I am looking for a DAQ card for a laptop (preferrably a comparable product of the DAQ 6062E card).

Allow me to explain my situation a little bit. I have built a system using DAQ 6062E on a laptop last year with success. I am catually very happy about the performance of the 6062E card and the system I built. This year, I want to build another separate system using the same/similar configuration of the system I built last year. However, I am mindful that nowadays most laptops do not contain a PCMCIA slot. Instead, most laptop manufacturers have replaced/upgraded PCMCIA slots into "PC" or "PC express" slots. I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology, but I hope I have gotten my idea clearly explained through the post.

As I am planning on building a new system using a DAQ card on a laptop, I am thinking about using a DAQ card that can be used on a "PC" or "PC express" slot, instead of a PCMCIA slot. I have looked for comparable products on the NI website without succes, and would appreciate any comments and help from the NI experts out there.

Is there a card that has the same/similar specifications as DAQ 6062E and can be used on a "PC" or "PC express" on a laptop computer?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Fuh

P.S. I use Windows XP, Labview 8.0, and DAQmx 8.01

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,140 Views)
I am not sure what you mean by 'PCMCIA slots being upgraded to PC or PC express slots'. But, the best solution for laptops is to use the USB platform. Have a look at the DAQ page, and you should be able to find a USB device with comparable specs. If you have any difficulty or other questions, post back.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,131 Views)

Would it be better to use a USB platform or a PCI/PCIe platform with a chasis that can use a USB to connect to your laptop?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,862 Views)

I recommend using a USB device to connect to a laptop. In the future please create a new post instead of reviving a 10 year old thread.

Conner A.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,849 Views)