From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a DAQ card for a laptop (preferrably a comparable product with the DAQ 6062E card)

Dear NI experts,

I am looking for a DAQ card for a laptop (preferrably a comparable product of the DAQ 6062E card).

Allow me to explain my situation a little bit. I have built a system using DAQ 6062E on a laptop last year with success. I am catually very happy about the performance of the 6062E card and the system I built. This year, I want to build another separate system using the same/similar configuration of the system I built last year. However, I am mindful that nowadays most laptops do not contain a PCMCIA slot. Instead, most laptop manufacturers have replaced/upgraded PCMCIA slots into "PC" or "PC express" slots. I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology, but I hope I have gotten my idea clearly explained through the post.

As I am planning on building a new system using a DAQ card on a laptop, I am thinking about using a DAQ card that can be used on a "PC" or "PC express" slot, instead of a PCMCIA slot. I have looked for comparable products on the NI website without succes, and would appreciate any comments and help from the NI experts out there.

Is there a card that has the same/similar specifications as DAQ 6062E and can be used on a "PC" or "PC express" on a laptop computer?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Fuh

P.S. I use Windows XP, Labview 8.0, and DAQmx 8.01

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,130 Views)
I am not sure what you mean by 'PCMCIA slots being upgraded to PC or PC express slots'. But, the best solution for laptops is to use the USB platform. Have a look at the DAQ page, and you should be able to find a USB device with comparable specs. If you have any difficulty or other questions, post back.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,121 Views)

Would it be better to use a USB platform or a PCI/PCIe platform with a chasis that can use a USB to connect to your laptop?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,852 Views)

I recommend using a USB device to connect to a laptop. In the future please create a new post instead of reviving a 10 year old thread.

Conner A.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,839 Views)