From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use VisualC++ to program the DAQmx for PCI 6221

Hello,

I am looking to use Visualc++ (not visualstudio) without measurement studio to drive my pci 6221 card to output a range of voltages. Is there an instruction manual for using c++ to program the card? Also where can I find a list of the functions offered by the API in c++? The examples in the DAQmx folder was not too helpful as I could not fully understand the reasoning behind some of the code. Ideally, could someone point me in the direction where I can find a general outline of the code required to do this?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,597 Views)

Hello sb90,

You can navigate to your NI folder in your Start menu and find the NI-DAQ section where there is a Text-Based Code Support folder. In there you should be able to see the "NI-DAQmx C Reference Help" manual. For example, if you are using Windows XP, you can go to:

Start> All Programs> National Instruments> NI-DAQ> Text-Based Code Support> NI-DAQmx C Reference Help. 

This has enough information for all DAQmx functions.

There are also a lot of articles and examples here, on our website. A quick search with a few good keywords will give you a lot of great results to read up on.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,572 Views)